Master program of Agronomy
The concept of establishing Agronomy Master Program within the faculty of Agriculture was put into practice in 2018. The major aim of this program is to provide professionals in deferent aspect of Agronomy for our country and to help meet the world standards in the field of Agronomy. The students who graduated from different universities, either in the capital or provinces, are eligible to get admission in this program after passing the kankor exam by getting the required score for this program. Formerly, based on contracts between Kabul University and the Afghanistan National Agricultural Science(ANSTO) both programs (Agronomy Master program in ANSTO and Agronomy Master program in Kabul) must have relationship in research program and as well as the facilities that supported by India in both program . The Faculty of Agriculture in Kabul University had affiliations with many agencies like FAO, GRAIN, UNDP, CAAI, ICARDA since establishment of Agronomy Master Program in 2018 regrading research collaboration.
In 2018, the numbers of professional lecturers in the Department of Agronomy were sufficient. Most of them had studied their MScs or PhDs in US, EU Japanese and other Universities.
The Agronomy laboratory has been rehabilitated partially by A4 – USAID and JICA project which actually can meet up the departmental practical requirements.
In addition the Department of Agronomy has sufficient land (more than ten hectare) for conducting research, and sufficient space for lab. Furthermore, the staff is highly capable to conduct and run the researches.
- Intensive cropping patterns and integrated farming systems for sustainable agricultural growth and increased food production per unit area to feed teeming millions every year.
- Understand the scientific principles underlying crop management and physiology, plant improvement, weed management, soil fertility, integrated pest management, commercial and oil crops, forage and cover crops and the interaction of these principles.
- Critically evaluate research in terms of design, content, potential application, and limitations with respect to agronomic systems.
- Apply agronomic knowledge to real-afghans problems via application of scientific principles.
- Understand group dynamics and facilitate the accomplishment of individual and collective goals.
- Communicate effectively with scientists, professionals, farmers, other professionals, and the general public for the purposes of learning and informing.
Agronomy master program is committed to provide the highest standard of excellence in education, research, and engagement with current and emerging agronomy. Assessing problems, educating human resources, discovering vagueness, and delivering information to improve knowledge, Conserving and preserving assets developing feature at the local, national, and international level.
Agronomy master program will be recognized as one of the academic program in the nation. The program’s reputation and integrity will be based on excellence in teaching, research and engagement in current and emerging aspects of the different agronomy branches .
Staffs of Agronomy Master Program
- Professor Dr. Wakil Ahmad Sarhadi
- Professor. Dr. Mohammad Zarif Sharifi
- Professor Dr. Amir jan Saidi
- Professor Dr. Zekrullah Safi
- Associate Prof. Dr. Safiullah Habibi
- Associate Prof. Dr. Ahmad Fahim Samadi
- Associate Prof. Dr.Mohammad Zama Amini
- Associate Prof. Dr. Mohammad Dawod Haidari
- Associate Prof. Dr. Sakhidad Salim
- Associate Prof. Mohammad Zaman Amini
- Ministry of Higher Education
- Kabul University
- Afghanistan National Agricultural Science
- Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO)
- International Center for Agriculture Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA)
- Catalyzing Afghan Agricultural Innovation (CAAI)
- Grain Research and Innovation(GARIN)
- Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Irrigation
Number of Students
Agronomy master program is started in 2018 therefore, here is just one class for continuing program and the numbers of students are 35 persons. In 2020 tow classes are active in Master program and the numbers of students are 45 persons divided in two parts, one is depend on GRAIN project (15 students) and another is governmental program (30 students).