Research council is the high authority for making decisions and designing academic research policy. It also has the responsibility to assess the proposed research projects. Hence, the decisions of this council are practical after the approval of academic council and approbation of the directorate of Kabul University.
The research council consists of authorized representatives of faculties who perform the following particular duties:
- Evaluating the proposed research projects
- Assessing research proposals of the academic members for their academic promotion and the proposal of the graduate and post graduate students
- Evaluating the proposed research projects and agreement on their completion
- Setting deadlines for projects completion
- Evaluating scientific research papers and assisting Kabul University publication office with publishing the scientific magazine
- Evaluating research projects and determining the fee of research in accordance the act.