The faculty has a 4 year (8 semesters) undergraduate program. In the first year (2 semesters) basic and general courses and in the last three years (6 semesters) professional and specialized courses are taught by four different departments, which are general and inorganic chemistry, organic chemistry, analytical chemistry, and physical chemistry departments. The faculty also teaches various subjects of chemistry in other faculties like Pharmacy, Engineering, Environment, Agriculture, Geology, Veterinary, Mathematics, Physics and Biology of Kabul University.
Departments of Faculty of Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Analytical Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Training of dedicated and committed staff, promotion of a faculty to stand as a national and international learning place.
- Provide a high-quality education system that meets the needs of Afghanistan to grow.
- To train academic staff for all higher education institutions in the country and chemistry specialists to all private and public industrial and manufacturing centers.
- The faculty aspires to achieve excellent reputation at the national and international levels by providing quality and effective education to the students.
- Participation in teaching, research, and innovative activities for the development of society, economy, and self sufficiency of the country is one of the views of the Faculty of Chemistry of Kabul University.
- Provide quality education for undergraduate students theoretically and practically in order to empower innovative graduates for the community.
- Improving the professional skills, ability to carry-out group works, and comprehensive analysis skills of students to solve problems.
- Provide the basis for theoretical and practical courses with high quality in the fields of chemistry and train the students to apply their skills using effective tools and methods to identify, determine and quantify materials.
- Training students based on effective and new teaching methods in accordance with international standards.
- Provide a learning environment that can meet contemporary needs.
- Training of staff and specialists with the skilled professionals in the field of chemistry so that graduates be able to analyze food, oil and imports, determine the physical and chemical parameters of safe drinking water, determine the amount of chemical parameters that cause air pollution.