Brief history of the law and political sciences faculty
The faculty of law and political sciences was first founded as law and political sciences academy under the ministry of education. The faculty was re-founded as faculty of law and political sciences under Kabul University in 1938. In the beginning the faculty was founded with the aim of training professionals in politics and managements, but then administrative and justice section was added as well. In the beginning the faculty had academic assistance of Turkish and German professors and had close cooperation with Paris University till 1971.
The faculty has four departments namely:
The faculty has one library and one modern IT center.
The graduates of this faculty can work in ministries of justice, foreigner and interior affairs, finance and Supreme Court.